Creativity in Motion
The reoccurring problems that we encounter as internal communicators naturally lead to some obvious remedies, and, although there is more than one way to skin a cat, once you’ve skinned it several ways you tend to find the way that works best (I’m assuming this as I’ve never actually skinned a cat).
Indeed, most of us tend to over complicate things and often lose sight of the fact that we have two core responsibilities.
1. Distribute information to employees in order for them to do their jobs more efficiently
2. Don’t bore the pants off them in the process.
So naturally we must always look to make our content as engaging as possible through the channels we use. Not surprisingly, animation is fast becoming a popular antidote to the uncomfortable looking CEO ‘hostage type’ video and other communication car crashes.
So what are the main benefits of using animation…
1) It instantly makes your website / intranet more interactive and dynamic.
2) Versatility – it can be used in just about any electronic channel.
3) It’s cost effective – compared to producing a high quality video.
4) Greater control – it doesn’t rely on human performance.
5) They are generally fun to watch and engaging.
Like one great animator once said, ‘observe the masses and do the opposite’ – although I doubt Mr. Disney had internal communications in mind at the time – there’s still no reason to not give it a go within your own organisation, you can check ours out here